SCRN® Exam Review
This event is closed. If you have any questions, please contact the event planner directly.
Course Format: eLearning | Self-Directed Course
$169.00 NYSNA Members $84.50 Per Person | 1 Year Subscription | Institutional Pricing Available Contact Hours: 12.75
Course Length: 722 Minutes
This course follows the current exam test plan.
This course is designed to prepare the nurse to successfully complete the Stroke Certified Registered Nurse (SCRN) examination. It is designed as a review course for nurses already providing care to stroke patients. It includes management of strokes from prehospital through rehabilitation. The course is designed according to the test plan.
Program Learning Outcomes
This program prepares the learner to:
- Discuss the prehospital management of stroke patients, including the EMS decision-making in regards to the transport of the stroke patient.
- Discuss the acute-care management of ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes in the Emergency Department.
- Identify goals and management issues of ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes in the ICU, progressive care and floor prior to discharge.
- Describe common areas of concern for the rehabilitation of stroke patients and discuss different techniques used in rehabilitation to improve the patient's quality of life.
- Differentiate between the different stroke center certifications and discuss the core measures used to determine quality of care.
- Identify common neurological medications used in managing stroke patients and be able to discuss indications, contraindications and adverse effects of each.
Included in Subscription
- 1 Year Unlimited Access 24/7
- 12.75 Contact Hours
- Online Administered Post-Test
- Printable CE Certificate
- PDF Study Guide
- 132 Practice Questions (Located in Study Guide)
- Free Clinical Updates
- Speaker/Participant Communication via Email
- Unlimited Tech Support