Concepts in Trauma Care
This event is closed. If you have any questions, please contact the event planner directly.
Course Format: eLearning | Self-Directed Course
$169.00 NYSNA Members$84.50 Per Person | 1 Year Subscription | Institutional Pricing Available Contact Hours: 12.00
Course Length: 706 Minutes
Throughout childhood and most of adulthood, trauma remains the leading cause of death in the United States. Care of the traumatically injured patient is uniquely different from care of the patient with other medical problems and requires both a unique knowledge base and skill set for all those involved with that care.
This series is designed to provide the learner with the knowledge base and skill set needed to care for this unique patient population. It is not designed to replicate other trauma programs currently available, but instead to augment those programs, giving learners a deeper understanding of the traumatically injured patient. Novices to trauma care as well as those with an extensive background in trauma will find this series to be stimulating and an invaluable asset in care of the trauma patient.
Program Learning Outcomes
This program prepares the learner to:
- List common injuries associated with various forms of trauma.
- Distinguish normal from abnormal findings when performing an assessment of the traumatically injured patient.
- Discuss current treatment modalities being utilized in the care of the traumatically injured patient.
- Differentiate care strategies for unique populations of traumatically injured patients.
Included in Subscription
- 1 Year Unlimited Access 24/7
- 12.00 Contact Hours
- Online Administered Post-Test
- Printable CE Certificate
- PDF Study Guide
- 126 Practice Questions (Located in Study Guide)
- Free Clinical Updates
- Speaker/Participant Communication via Email
- Unlimited Tech Support